In leading myself, I learn the hard lessons to lead others. Lord, help me to lead me.

Money for Your Vision... and More!

  • Posted: 1:29 PM
  • |
  • Author: Jayson Pagan

Does it cost you to live in your house? If not, I want to meet your banker!
Do you have a water bill? If not, you may need some Right Guard!

Bottom Line Is... WE ALL NEED MONEY! and if you don't have any, Mr. Leader, it may be your own fault. Wait, don't leave just yet!!! Keep reading...


Have you ever made little pledge cards to hand out to the church folks... and then step to the pulpit and tell them it takes so much money to run the place. Give your best... fill it out, drop it in the offering basket. I HAVE. The response wasn't that bad either... probably better than normal. But that is all we will get from those folks...is their money. And little of it.

Think about it... You ever watch a foreign missions film about the vision to reach the world, build Bible schools, and start churches in cities with millions of unreached people HALF WAY THROUGH? I don't think so... by the time that film is over I can hardly see to get into my wallet for the tears in my eyes!

What's the difference in the pledge card and the heart gripping, soul stirring presentation of a missionary?... I'll tell you what it is...

IT IS THE PRESENTATION OF A CLEAR, AUTHENTIC, SOUL-GRIPPING VISION!!

Who wants to pay the water bill with their offering? NOT ME. If given the choice between giving $100.00 to a bus ministry that has changed lives that you know personally or paying the utilities... Which would you give to?

We are too small minded... Mr. Leader. WE HAVE TO DO WHAT THE MISSIONARY DID IF WE WANT THE PEOPLE TO GIVE US THE RESOURCES THAT WILL MOVE GOD'S KINGDOM FORWARD!

Isn't your church reaching your world? Aren't their families without the gospel? Is there not a need to reach children, feed the needy, and mend to the broken hearted?
YOUR MINISTRY HAS THE SAME MISSION AS EVERY OTHER MINISTRY - IT IS THE VISION ABOUT GETTING THAT MISSION DONE THAT MATTERS. I'm not saying you are missions so don't give to foreign missions... That is pathetic... I'm just saying the only difference between you and them is they are 'foreign' missions... Get their PASSION!


YOUR OWN MISSIONS PRESENTATION

I think we should take the time to convey our church through the eyes of a missionary. I think we should paint a picture through media,graphics,music, stories, drama,and personal testimonies of changed lives - HELP TO MAKE THE CONNECTION BETWEEN THE CHURCH AND THE VISION - so that Passion is ignited in them for their own mission field. Time to stop selling pizzas and tamales - VISION CASTING IS THE GREATEST FUNDRAISER IN THE WORLD!

The days of telling people "we need $6,000.00 a month, now make a pledge" are over. Show them what your church is doing in ministry! Engage them.

PEOPLE GIVE TO VISIONS. Not just money... if all you want is money, ask for it. It is my view that Jesus never had a fundraiser. He told people, "give your life to this"... when the vision is big enough to get people to give their life, their money comes with it. If the vision for your church is not big enough to demand my life then tell me...Why should I follow you?

THE GREATEST FRUSTRATION

Well, if you have done a thorough job of casting vision, people will give till it hurts. My Pastor has always said, "give 'til it feels good!". And they will... if you challenge them with Vision.

You may think the greatest frustration is walking away without enough money to get the job done after you have gone through adding all of your pledge cards.

That is not the greatest frustration... The greatest frustration is when you have just cast a vision so clear, so real, so passionate that my heart is burning and my eyes can see it all vividly in the future. I feel like I am called to be right where I am for this very hour... I step forward to give my time, energy, and money...and I am frustrated.... FRUSTRATED because I can not give MORE!

DO IT TODAY... MR. MISSIONARY

Do you have a clear vision? Can you put it on paper? ... Can you put it in THEIR hearts? It's not your mega-plan. It is the vision of what God sees happening in your ministry... it is a God-honoring, heaven sent design for the future of your people and city that has been engraved in your heart by the finger of God after many hours spent on your face before HIM, embracing the awesomeness of what He can do.


If it requires only you - it is too small. It should demand faith and the inner talents and gifts of an army of people - and it should demand their very lives! It should be saturated with the need of the supernatural in such a way that everyone involved is on their knees and fasting for visitation.

This is the kind of vision that pulls at you when the missionary comes by... This is the kind of vision that pulls people from every selfish walk of life to buy in and invest their hearts in the work of Jesus Christ.

THE ONLY REGRET THEY WILL HAVE IS THAT THEY COULD NOT GIVE MORE THAN WHAT THEY DID.

0 people have left comments

Commentors on this Post-